Hiking to Cowal



One day, when I was in junior high school, I had my first taste of amazing event. I decided to hike a small hill near my junior high school with my schoolmates.The hill is called Cowal. It was a beautiful place for hiking, because the nature is green and panoramic.
            That day at about 7.30 a.m. we gathered up at our school. There were about 30 people who went there. They were from different classes. 8 people from second grade, 2 people from the first grade and the rest were from the third grade.30 minutes later, we set out to our destination. We had already prepared our stuff, such as a backpack, cooking tools, some food, mountain shoes, a hat, a jacket, etc. because it would not be an easy trip.
            After an hour walking, we arrived in a beautiful place called ‘Kandang Sapi’. From its name we know that it was a place which raised many cows. But it was not just a place for raising cows, there was a garden called ‘Taman Bunga’, a place which has some unique flowers.Then we decided to see them first. I saw a colorful flower with long stems. I didn’t know anything about that flower. My friend told me it can be used as a medicine.
            The weather is clear and sunny. It made us feel hot and tired easily but it did not make us lose our spirit to hike the hill.We tried our best to reach the hill but before that, we had to pass a pine tree forest. That was my first time to see so many pine trees and I felt amazed.
            20 minutes later, we arrived in Cowal. We felt really happy but tired,so we took a rest for a while first and put our stuffs in a small hut. After a few minutes resting, we did some activities there. At first we climbed another hill nearby to see a great view of a nature. From the top of the hill, I was able to see a center of Garut in small view. It looked like a miniature of the town. Next, we went to a deep forest. We saw many different trees and plants. We found a small lake, although we did not find any fish there. One of my friends told us not to go deeper into the forest. He was worried that we would get lost there. Because of that, we went back to a small hut and prepared something to eat.We cooked some food near the river. We cooked rice, omelette, fish and we made some sauce too. We ate the food together with a smiley face.
            It was great time to spend a holiday in the nature. Although we were tired of walking, we got so many thing from what we did and saw today. I really like enjoying nature. I hope there would be a hiking event again someday.

(By:  Ahmad Zaelani - 1500910 )
Previous
Next Post »